- Apply a base coat to protect your natural nails and let it dry first before you apply a white nail polish for the base color.
- Use liquid latex around your nail to minimize clean up when you use the gradient method for the sunset colors.
- Apply a stripe of coral and purple nail polish on the sponge and gently press it on your nails.
- Add more layers until you reach the desired sunset hues.
- For the silhouetted palm tree — using a thin brush and a black nail polish, draw a slight curved line for the tree trunk and a few short lines at the end for the base for your palm leaves.
- And for the palm leaves, lightly pull out horizontal lines in the same direction from the short lines you started with.
- Once you’re done, seal with a matte top coat.
You can watch full tutorial here:
And that’s it! With a few easy steps, you now have a beautiful silhouetted palm tree from the soft hues of the sunset sky. A soothing view of your marvelous nail design. Gives you the beach feels and it is the perfect nail design for a perfect day at the beach!